2022-05-23

 FIRST COMMUNION AND I RESIST TO SING THE NUNC DIMITTIS

 


FIRST COMMUNION


 


Today, May 22, 2022, I thought it was not going to arrive, will I see it, will I not see it? But he came and this poor old man sang old Simeon's psalm repeated so many times in the recitation of the Office. EL Nunc Dimittis, Domine.


Carla and Sofía, like two vestal maidens, approached the altar of the Lord to receive the bread of life. The church of the missionary nuns of Cluny de Pozuelo de Alarcón was from boat to boat.


 The twelve communicant children approached with a candle in their hands and their faces radiant. The guitars of the choir sang the usual liturgical songs and the emotion of a multi-ethnic Spain was palpable (three black hosts from Eritrea, Uganda and the Congo in the group) sang the anthem and a pater who in the moving sermon recalled the gifts of his first communion: a guitar that was broken by a team wearing the Atlético de Madrid uniform that outgrew him when he grew up and a radio gramophone that stopped working. "But the best gift was Jesus and that is still there, he did not abandon me" christ friend redeemer, miracle worker, comforter. Beautiful talk that reminded this poor old man about to enter 78 of his existence that morning in May 1952 when I approached the altar of the Eucharist in the Missionaries of Segovia.


Since then I have been to all my children's communion except for Helen's which he held at Saint Marys in Hornchurch Essex. I had a great sorrow and I remembered it especially. Where is that poor daughter that fate took from me? I would like to express my gratitude to these little nuns from Cluny, all of them now elderly. Spain today is experiencing a crisis of vocations. They are all older, but they are still there. The Spirit guides them.


Many of those children are children of divorced parents. Lord, do not abandon them. I ask you especially for my Carla and Sofi who are the two greatest garments of my heart. I pray for his parents Almudena and José and for his mother who is sick and gave Carly a beautiful gold medal of the Virgen del Pilar.


 So, even though I did not go to mass or agree with the stipulations or management of Pope Francis, I approached the altar of the Lord and once again felt the presence of Christ in my heart. I sinful.


From this blog my readers know that I defend the Gospel tooth and nail and I am not a temporizer, but the collapse of the Church grieves me. Peter's boat will continue sailing the stormy seas of history because his message is genuine. He will defeat the love of hate, war, lies and crime.


 After the wonderful agape that we had in a restaurant in Pinto, the effusion and the distribution of gifts, the dances and the sung jotas, the airs of the land Viva Segovia, one cannot ask for more from life. Well I ask life for one thing and I told my sons Henar and David.


May the Lord allow me to live until the communion of my youngest grandson Pelayin, the last gift that God gave us, a true blond cherub with blue eyes. Will I arrive Henarcita? Maybe yes, but with hair on the cat flap. Oh my God. I'm so old and I should take care of myself a little more.

No hay comentarios: