2023-11-23

 GOD'S ANIMALWOODCOCKS Announcing THE AUTUMN RETURN


 


I felt her screams when I woke up this morning


Flying in horizontal formation


on the vertical of my house


High above the keep


From Villafranca Castle


From battlements and machicolations


The Moorish sentinels of other medieval wars greeted them


They were the living spirits of past strife


Return trips over centuries


In search of wetlands and wastelands


From Atlas


Announcements of autumn on the steep


From the blue sky


Everything is pure, hyaline


in the novembril matinada


From north to south


From Sweden and Finland


shouting messages of love and peace


Come back and fly and don't get tired


Where do the choughs of my soul perch, where do they water?


Wonderful wisdom of the captain bird


Who guides with his shouts that are orders to the flock


They didn't pass by like other years


But upwind, planning the valley on an esplanade


When heading through the ravine


Today, happy to see them coming for another year,


More saddened, I wonder if it is not this hesitation


Because something was disorienting them


The autumn breeze, the melting of the polar caps?


I cannot affirm with Alberti


"Dove was wrong, he was wrong"


Dear chochas of my long life


You come to brighten my morning


The north is not the south


How well the helmsman who guides them knows it


And the mysterious instinct that commands them


Saluting the virginity of the new day


Protasis and apodosis of summer


On its wings autumn rides


I said goodbye to the happy birds


From my window sill


 


 


Thursday, November 23, 2023

No hay comentarios: