2024-03-19

 PASSION WEEK


 


Week of passion there is no letter. The altarpieces covered with purple cloth. Proem of Good Friday, God is dead.


Spring breaks out and the staff rushes along the roads of the Iberian Peninsula watching the news for the meteorologists' opinion and I take refuge in my hutch.


Gethsemane. Tears of blood that redeemed the world. Judas betrayal. My Father, let this chalice pass from me. I don't know. Be credo quia absurdum. My health recovers and I wear white capes. Hallelujah.


I wasn't there but I feel Xto's presence in history and in my heart. Omnes fugerunt. They left him alone. Cowardly disciples. It's all so endearing and so confusing!


A gloomy rooster in Jerusalem crows the Passio according to Saint John. The most sublime passage of evangelical literature that has ever been written.


An angel wrote it. Laconic part of the war with which Jesus defeated evil in the world. Centurion Cornelius.


  The good thief and the veil of the temple was torn and the old law was repealed. Et omnis terra tremuit… tremuit and the whole earth trembled and voices said: “Truly this was the son of God.”


  The noise of the liturgical rattles replacing the bells that remain silent until Easter night. Now in the days of passion the cry of resurrection is already perceived. Xristos vaskriese po istini vaskriesi (in Russian), Xristos anviar an deverat ambiat (Romanian). Resurrexit sicut dixit (Latin). Xristós anesti (Greek) Spring is here with its flowers, processions, the sound of bugle drums and kettledrums, the singing of arrows. Spain smells like orange blossom


 


Wednesday, March 20, 2024

No hay comentarios: