2016-03-05

helen we are jewish


HELEN WE ARE JEWISH FROM SPAIN

Dearest daughter, my Helen, my Pickle, ¿How are you? I missed you on Fathers Day Saint Joseph when we Spaniards celebrate the fathers it is all commercial but I, as very religious man, prefer to stick to the meaning of the figure of the progenitor of our Savior, a hidden guy "the absconditus one" the Bible mention him only a couple of times.

He was always in the shade always behind the screen but a truly son of David´s brethren, labour and prayer a left aside, his motto, a bit like me who has led his life praying and crying for your absence. Probably a punishment from above for my great sins.

Now I would like to tell you one thing: we are Jewish from Spain settled in the Peninsula before the Christ was born. We did not take, then, part on the crucifixion. That was a job from the big guys of Israel, the politicians. Jewish but not Zionist reciting the Psalms and the Shemá every day. Sepharad for us is the veritable Israel a land with fountains of milk and honey. Loving books and living inner liveskind of mystics and rebellious is part of of our condition.

We are not conventional but we have compassion for the common man and feel sorry for thm because they are searching for the light never found in their souls. That is why we are being prosecuted because  we don't fit in the schemes  of their narrow minds. I have written a book "Franco and Sepharad a secret love" projecting the notion that all good and all bad comes sometime from Israel but your father doesn't belong to the Establishment, he is a "refusenik" not in communion with political correction.

The priests of the Third Temple did not like my book and they condemned me to the ghenna. Never mind. I achieved, though, my purpose of becoming a good writer and one day when I am dead and gone my books are going to be popular. I hope that some of the royalties can make you, Helen Isabel Olivia Parra-Hugh, rich. Now I am not rich, just a pensioner who has bred a nice second family. I have enough to lead a modest life and give some money to the children of my second marriage. One thing I tell you: you are my favorite the most loved one, since your absence during 42 years

 ¡What a penitence for me! Still I hope to see you and give my blessing before I die. Only when the the hunt for dissidents increases its intensity I cry wolf and proclaim my Jewish condition. In our family from mother side there are quite a few guys named as Benjamin, Isaac, Manahén,  or David, and fumbling in the secrets of our past I find that our ancestors stem from the Jewry of Burgos, they went to Segovia when the pogroms of 1389 and we were baptized and became Catholics in the open, others kept their mosaic believes in the occult but they became eximious  dramatists, good writers, excellent theologians, mystics like Teresa, great doctors and physicians like Andrés Laguna or conquistadores as Cortés or Pizarro.

Their messianic impulse led them to Eldorado in the new continent. but Eldorado is Sefarad. The expulsion of 1492?  Only a few families left. The main bulk stayed here as "conversos". The theme has been exaggerated on my view. Jews always win. They held the protection of Adonai forever.

I tell you these things in an open letter in order to comfort you an thing that you never have been abandoned. You mother whom I loved very much and was the great love of my life and still I admire and respect did not let me access to you when you were a toddler in Hornchurch and I lived in London. That was a tragedy for me.

I offered her the house and good job, she refused perhaps she had her good reasons to take that difficult option because I am not easy to live with. I thought she had found somebody else.  However I don't feel bitter. Life is like that, and one has to swallow sour drinks.

Talking about more menial things, I have a had a present your half-brother Toñin was father of a beautiful baby girl called Laura for the second time. My mother Juanita 94 is poorly

No hay comentarios: