2022-12-24

 SONG OF THE KALANEDA


On the morning of December 24, in all the churches of the ecumene of the known world, both in the East and in the West, a deacon would mount the ambo and intone the wonderful stanzas in a high tone of the calenda magnum gaudium nuntio vobis.


I also sang it at the Segovia seminary. In latin.


Ecce, the Spanish translation:


“In the year 5119 of the creation of the world when God made heaven and earth.


In the year 2759 after the flood


In the year 2015 of the birth of Abraham


In 1510 when the people of Israel left Egypt


In 1032 the anointing of King David as monarch of Israel


In the 65th week of Daniel's prophecy


In the year of the Olympiad 194


In 752 ab urbe condita of the foundation of Rome


In the 42nd year of the empire of Octavio Augusto, while the whole world was at peace, Jesus Christ, eternal God, Son of the Father, wanting to visit the world with his merciful coming, conceived by the Holy Spirit in the Virgin Mary, was born in Bethlehem and became man according to the meat"


With this hymn of glory, a guide to peace, tolerance and well-being, I would like to congratulate my readers in France, Germany, Russia, the Netherlands, Vietnam, the Philippines, Ukraine, Iran, those who read me and those who do not read me, those who disagree And to those who agree with me:


Peace on earth to men of good will


To my daughter Helen Parra Hugh and her mother Suzanne Marie Hugh residing in Bishops Storford UK with her late parents Graham Marie and all my family members on their way to eternity. To my grandchildren and my children: Almu, Henar, Antonio, Cristina, Mario, Laura, Carla, Sofía, and little Pelayo.


For them and for the redemption of our guilt Jesus was born

No hay comentarios: