He was my brother by law
but he was my brother in flesh
Roger Hugh, a true English gentleman
I shed tears before Christ
and pray for him
Handsome lad
from Hornchurch
the brother of the one who was
all the love of my life
a love I never understood
Oh Lord, forgive me
requiem aeternam
He is now in the Father's arms
with Graham, with Mary Jane
with Auntie Eileen
With Dick Howells the Welshman
all of England
weeps for him
the homeland will not be defeated
the Scottish Hughs
and the Irish Heagertys
fused in an embrace
were flesh for me
of my flesh
they took me in as a son
and I spurned them
that spurn
was the greatest sin
of my life
but you, Roger
who were an English angel
perhaps you knew Understand
Watch over us from above
Suzanne, your sister
In my heart
Present until death
So be it
So it was
And so it will be per saecula seculorum
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario