2023-02-14

 THE LOVE IS OVER WE HAVE THE WINE LEFT

 


CRAZY FEBRUARY


 


Ah crazy feverish


how fast you go


with your twenty-eight days


I miss the market of pleasures


mules for hire


that they did not give birth to a shoot


I listen to the egoists


always talking about themselves


I invoke heaven in my solitudes


White I am of perplexities


love is over


but the wine remains


gallant and strong Spain


I love you and I suffer in fugitive silence


Remembering you were the axis of the world


With the sword and the cross


of your captains


Tamers of the chained beast


And today we are nothing


lacrimae rerum


synallagmatic pacts


fierce wise men


that garlan incontinent


De omni re scibili


But Spain is like that


And so God made us


Glory to Saint Matthias


that the light and the shadows


They glow in equal parts


chained to the wheel


Of the toils and the days


The love died, we still have the wine


And little by little we go


grinding the wheat


 


Wednesday, February 15, 2023

No hay comentarios: